US sends Second aircraft carrier to Middle East
Digest more
Top News
Reactions and opinions
President Trump has threatened in recent days to bomb Iran if Tehran doesn’t make a deal to roll back its nuclear program.
From The Wall Street Journal
Russia said on Thursday that threats of military strikes against its ally Iran were unacceptable and warned that attacking the Islamic Republic could lead to potentially catastrophic results if nuclea...
From Reuters
Read more on News Digest
2don MSN
The Israeli military has struck a building in Beirut’s southern suburbs. Lebanese authorities say that at least four people were killed and seven others were wounded in the attack.
Israel resumed its military offensive in Gaza in March, blaming Hamas for rejecting a new US proposal to extend the ceasefire and free the remaining hostages. Since then, the Israeli military has launched waves of airstrikes on the besieged territory, killing hundreds of Palestinians and forcing many more to evacuate.
According to the United Nations, 15 Palestinian paramedics and rescue workers were killed by Israeli forces eight days ago in southern Gaza. Included in the deaths was at least one United Nations employee.
1don MSN
Israel’s military operation in the Gaza Strip is expanding to seize “large areas,” the defense minister said Wednesday, as airstrikes on the southern city of Khan Younis killed 17 people overnight, according to hospital officials.
About 120 Indiana National Guard soldiers with the 252nd Support Maintenance Company returned home from a 10-month deployment in the Middle East on Wednesday.
Explore more
Gulf countries were relatively spared, with the US imposing only a 10% tariff, whereas other Middle Eastern nations are facing steeper trade penalties.
The Israeli military has indicated it could soon launch another major offensive in Rafah and ordered most of the southernmost city in the Gaza Strip evacuated.
DANA STROUL is Director of Research at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy and served as U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for the Middle East from February 2021 to February 2024. The Iranian regime is on its back foot,